Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's that time of year again.

I feel like I'm running a race, but this time I'm trying to do the hardest, most tedious jobs first in order to wrap up another school year.  Today I just finished editing and revising my Spanish 1 final which only leaves my Spanish 2 final to edit.  I did, however, make a list of everything I need to change in it.  This is what I need to finish before I can breath easy and enjoy my summer!
  • Write Spanish 2 final
  • Grade 160 Spanish essays all 100+ words long
  • Grade 160 quizzes from this Wednesday and last Friday
  • Grade some random worksheets
  • Enter grades for Speaking Evaluations on Friday
  • Make a simple study guide for both levels
  • Create a packet of questions for my students to work on while I have speaking evaluations all day Thursday and Friday
This is just what I have to accomplish this week probably sometime before Thursday!  This isn't counting planning lessons for Tuesday and Wednesday either.  It's crazy town around here.

After I finish all of that I will have to:
  • Pack up my whole classroom.  Yes, everything that I am allowed to take with me.
  • No, I'm not quiting my job. :)
  • Label all of my boxes with the special Issaquah High School labels.  Yes, I'm transferring to the new, and very awesome looking, Issaquah High for next year and who knows for how much longer after that. :)  I'm really excited.  I'll be in room 2203.  I'm still waiting to hear what I will be teaching.  At this point I would like to stick with Spanish 1 and 2, but I could see myself moving up to Spanish 3.
  • Start planning my first few lessons for next year and make copies just in case I can't move into my new room until the day before school starts. (this is every advantageous of me)
  • Help the other teachers in the World Language Dept. with closing procedures with Karen.
So work has been and will continue to be crazy busy until the end of the year.  I've been so consumed with work and I haven't done much with photography lately.  I feel like I could put more time and effort into it, but I need to remember that the time will come.  I do have plans that finish up my photo blog though and make up some price lists and set up on online viewing/print purchasing gallery.  My goal is to have a working business by the time I'm home with my first child.  I wish I knew when were were going to have our first child, but I guess that just gives me more time to get it up and running. :) 

On the positive side I may not have mentioned that I have a new blog design for my photography and I have a business license for the State of Washington.  Right now I'm working on marketing and I'm shopping around for business cards.  During the summer I plan on putting some good time into making it into a working business.

P.S. I ran 8 miles this Saturday with my friend Rachael.  It wasn't my best, but I'm glad that I finished.  My body was tired.  My 1/2 marathon is only 3 weekend away!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow, you're a Spanish teacher?? I taught HS Spanish before Olivia was born! Crazy!