Monday, March 1, 2010

no more private

Last night I decided to change my blog settings back to "un-private".  I'm not sure why, but I was happy to see that some of my friends have found my blog again.  :) 

Since I'm here I would just like to vent and then update a bit.  *BIG SIGH*  Righ now it feels like spring in Seattle, and today it showed with my students!  I love teaching them and most of them are great students and they work hard, but it only takes a few ADD, hormonal, blurt-out-every-answer-kids to make the day, week, month really stressful!  I've had more behavorial problems in the past 2 weeks than I've had all year and I'm so sick of it!  On the bright side I've had lots of practice in dealing with these kids, and I feel like I can really crack down when I need to, but I really wish that I didn't have to.  It's all about not taking their behavior personally and making sure that they don't see your frustration as well as putting the responsibility back onto them.  It always needs to be about them, they need to solve their own problems.  Anyway, it's going to be a long spring considering the wather today on the 1st of March...pray for me and if you have any ideas I'd love to hear them! :)

Aside from work Shem and I have had some fun recently.  We went to California for winter break about a week ago and we had so much fun!  We spent a few days down in San Diego and went to the zoo, the beach in La Jolla, Yogurtland (I love that place!), and Balboa Park.  We stayed with Shem's Uncle Craig and his Aunt Gay and they were so nice to us and treated us to some very good food and company.  We of course visited Disneyland and I must say that I loved it so much more at 28 years of age and married than I did when I was 18 with an attitude. :)  Shem and I walked through the gates on a sunny Friday and we both agreed with smiles on our faces that Disneyland is truly the happiest place on earth. :)  I totally felt like a kid again and I immediately said that we had to ride on space mountain since I had been waiting for 10 years to experience it.  :) 

We also enjoyed going to Ryan Barry and Rachel's wedding while we were down there.  Ryan and Shem have been friends since high school and it was a lot of fun for Shem to be a part of their wedding.  It was a fun wedding on a boat off of Newport Beach, CA.  I too some cool pictures too which made it fun for me.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from Balboa Park and the beach in La Jolla.  I'll post more from the wedding and the zoo later. :)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Ruth and Shem,

I'm glad you went un-private. Hope you don't mind me checkin in, but if you'd rather I didn't, let me know.

Ruth, your photography is beautiful!! I absolutely love this post. Great exposure and composition. make some big prints of a few of them (especially the ocean one)...big prints make good photography look that much better! (and will get you through drag times!)

Anyway, glad you guys went un-private!

Ruth said...

Of course you can check out our blog! No worries. Thanks for the compliment on my photos, are you into photography too? Shem is just telling me how you're really good with photoshop and editing...that's awesome! I use lightroom currently, but eventually I want to get photoshop.

Anyway, check in anytime.

Joy said...

I love you sissy!!! I really wish I could visit you...I know you'll be a great mommy when the time comes. Just remember that we don't always have control of what happens in our lives and the Lord has something better in store for you.
I miss miss miss you tons and tons!

Rachael said...

yourgurtland...be still my beating heart. I am impressed with your pictures. How do you get that awesome color saturation?

Naomi said...

You are truly a great photographer. These pictures look like they could be on postcards.