Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My life...Shem says: "Ditto x 5 = my work load"

I'm home today, but I'm not sick; just over worked with too much to grade, so I'm taking a "mental health day" in order to catch up.  My Day started at: (that's the time it was after I had washed the dishes...I can't grade in a ditry house, EVERYTHNG has to be clean and tidy.)
















(P.S. Don't mind the wall...I picked out paint colors a few weeks ago)
I've completed this much work:
















And now all I have to grade are the dreaded Spanish essays.  It's not that I don't love reading my student's work, but they take forever to go through!  I can hear my students now..."Mrs. Thompson if you don't want to grade it then you could just not have us do it!"  Not on your life!  A few hours of pain on my part will do you some good! :)


I do plan on rewarding myself around 3 or 4pm and going for a 3 mile run and then when I get home I'll probably work until 10pm tonight...I can't wait until these are done!

Shem also has a lot of grading to do, in fact this is his most busy time of the school year, but he's so busy/stressed that I haven't taken any pictures of him yet. :)  Maybe later.

4 comments:

Ashley Welling said...

What does Shem teach? Are you in a junior high or a high school. I am teaching 8th grade English. My students have used that excuse on me before.

Rachael said...

Is there anything I can do? Wow, my life seems severely understressed compared with yours.
By the way, I wanted to know if you would like to get together sometime this weekend to talk about photography?
Unless that is just one more thing you don't want to add to your already overfull plate.

Ashley Welling said...

I love the 8th graders. They say the funniest things. We are writing stories right now and one of my students said he was going to put me in his story as the bad guy and he was going to call me Wellingator. Then there are times when they are so frustrating! 14 year olds...gotta love them!

I didn't think I could do junior high, but I love it. I almost prefer it to high school. I student taught 11th and 12th grade.

Ruth said...

The essays are finally done!! Freedom until May when I collect them again. :)