Saturday, January 14, 2012

Seven and Eight

So, Asher is eight months old now and I can't believe how much fun he is now!  I just love him and I'm getting baby hungry again because he so cute, but he won't stop growing and doing new things.  It's very confusing to me to want him to grow and do new things, and at the same time never want him to change and to just stay little forever.  I so get it now.  Actually a lot of things make sense to me now that I'm a mother that I never could have understood had I not pushed that little nugget of joy out. :) 

So, here is what my little man is up to these days...drum roll please..........

He's crawling!!!!!!!  As of last Saturday and boy is he fast.  Like he won't stop moving!  I put him on the changing table and he rolls faster than a caterpillar being squished between my niece's two little fingers (oh yes she did... she rolled it and pinched it and said it was her friend until the little guy stopped moving).  I can't help but give a shout out to Bryn because she and Asher lovingly share the same crooked butt crack...it's so cute and uniquely a Thompson trait.  Now we just have to figure out who else in the fam has the crooked crack gene. 

Okay, moving on.  Asher also has amazingly become an expert stander and can pull himself up onto most anything that is within his reach.  I've saved him from a few near painful experiences as he has tried to stand up on things that were not so sturdy.  For example, the boxes at the top of the stairs that I used as a make-shift barricade to keep him from falling...yeah, he tipped one box over, but I caught him in mid fall and saved his life!  He also likes to follow me around the house now and will pull himself up by grabbing onto my pants. 

He eats so much food!!!  My homemade sweet potatoes are with out a doubt his favorite food!  I need to learn how to make more homemade baby food to freeze. 

He hates carrots.

He gets constipated very easily and yogurt doesn't seem to agree with him either.

Bath time is fun time.

He sits in the shopping cart now and charms everyone who passes by.  I'm not exaggerating either...he catches every one's eye and if they are lucky he'll flash them his cute gummy smile.  One crazy lady in Costco took his photo the other day...it was kind of creepy, but it made her day.

He sleeps in his crib and after reading "Solve your Child's Sleep Problems" and only one bad night and nap time he is totally used to falling asleep on his own!!!  I should have read that book a long time ago!!!  Sleep is sooooo awesome!  And so is my kid for sleeping!  I feel like a new woman and have gained about 5 hours of productive-I-can-get-things-done-time each day!

He plays well with toys and likes to study them.

He enjoys story time before bed.

For a while he would only sleep on his changing pad placed inside the crib.

He seems to be a bit of a mamma's boy.

He loves to ride on Daddy's shoulders!

He is fascinated with all electrical cords, ipod cords, wii remotes, and outlets.  Pretty much anything that could zap him.  Typical.

He likes other kids.

He still stinks at nursing...I'm in a bit of pain, but whatever.  He nurses how he does and will never be nice to me.




No comments: