- I have been enjoying my life with out any major emotional breakdowns. Seriously...I had some problems and I blame it on the birth control. I think estrogen is just evil...being a women and having hormones sometimes just sucks; however, I'm feeling great right now...never better and I feel like I was made to carry a child.
- I called the baby a "living life form" today on the phone with my Dad. I have never heard my Dad be so opinionated about something like that before. His opinions seem to be all about politics, money, the church, and cars, but apparently my Dad also takes this Grandpa stuff seriously and pretty much told me flat out that it is not okay to call my baby anything other than a baby. I asked him if it would be okay to call it a parasite (since baby will take from my body what baby needs) and that didn't go over too well with Grandpa either. I'll let him win this one I suppose. Sometimes we butt heads and I've learned to stand my ground well with him if needed, but he wins this one...maybe my heart has been softened.
- Last Thursday Shem and I had a great conversation about how we're going to raise this child. For a while I was thinking that it would be so great to work part-time teaching and hire a nanny to come to my home and take care of my baby. Our conversation and some recent experiences solidified my decision to stay at home with my children. I feel very strongly now that money isn't what is going to make this baby grow up to be a well-rounded adult. Consistency will and what better consistency could I offer this child than by staying home with him/her? Shem loves the idea of being able to mold and raise this child how we want to right from the beginning. So however messed up or amazing he/she becomes will be in part because of us. We'll find ways to make the money that we need and I am putting my faith into this plan of mine...the blessings will come when they are needed.
- I feel like superwomen when I'm not feeling sick. Shem loves this new me and I'm enjoying my super powers. I made dinner twice this weekend. Steelhead trout (which my MIL loved!) and a roast (which wasn't all that great) on Sunday. We have even kept up on the dishes. :)
- My new favorite drink from Starbucks is the salted caramel hot chocolate. The salt is the best and before you think it's too sweet you need to try it without altering it. I loved the salt at the bottom with the last few dregs of chocolate the most. Shem is going to try it with some soy milk once those Starbucks cards start rolling in from his students this year.
- Did you know that whatever the baby needs nutritionally the baby will get? Yeah, that means that if I don't eat enough protein this baby will steal the protein from my muscles and break them down. Can you imagine me looking like a fat blob near the end of this pregnancy? I'm terrified and I have a new determination to break away from my safety net of carbs to conscientiously eating the proper amount of protein that my new body needs.
- My cardiologist says that I need to do more cardio before my next test. Well, I need to just do some cardio. Being sick and tired and busy makes it so difficult to exercise, but I'm going to do it. I even have a gym membership, so no excuses. I do miss running...it's been a while since I've ran outside. Pretty much after that 1/2 marathon I took a break. I'm working on about a 3 1/2 month break now. That should end soon. I'm actually excited to do some light weight lifting as long as baby and my body agree with me.
- I love sleep too. My body needs a lot of sleep these days. I think it's awesome that I can take a long nap during that day and then still get 8 - 9 hours of sleep on the weekend at night and not wake up because I'm not tired.
- We have a new addition to our family as of yesterday! Her name is Fifi and she's a Ficus. My MIL is an amazing gardener and she created Fifi from another Ficus. She's perfect for our house since she'll be able to grow up through the open ceiling.
- My MIL is also a very wise and observant woman. After she dropped our Fifi off yesterday she made sure to mention that if we killed this one that she has already started another one just in case. :) I actually think it's quite sweet of her to mention since Phil the Palm and that cactus plant start that I had in our old apt both died. Phil was from IKEA, so I'm not sorry he died really since I wasn't really thinking when I decided that I needed a Palm in IKEA of all places. Anyway, even if Fifi dies she will still trust us with another plant.
- In my defence my good friend at work, Rebecca, bought me a lily last year and it's still alive. I like survivor plants the most. We get a long well.
- Fifi was going to be named Mr. Frodo, but Shem didn't like that very much. I think Fifi is more fitting anyway.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Thoughts on being pregnant.
Okay, so maybe this post won't just be thoughts about being preganant because right now I just feel like being a little random. In the car today on my way home from the baby doctor I had all of these cool ideas on what to write about, but I've forgotten most of what I was thinking so, here are my thoughts anyway.