Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Motivation

I like to eat junk.  In fact, I just made a bowl of  "Chex Krispy Treats" and ate it.  I know that it's junk for me and my body, but I can't help it because I'm addicted to junk food.  I hate junk food and too large portions.  I hate eating because I'm bored, or I think I'm bored.  Ugh...  I keep trying to lose the rest of this baby weight and then I "reward" myself with junk because I was so good that day.  Not cool Ruth, no cool.

So, I need help, motivation, a community of wonderful people who will help me lose the 25 lbs I'd like to get rid of.  I know that I look sooo much better than I did.  Anyone would after loosing 40 lbs!  But it's not good enough for me.  I need to do better and move my butt and eat the good food that I buy each month.  I've read so much about food and what is good for you and I'm at the point where it is almost a sin to not follow what I've learned because I know what is right.  Ten years ago I would have been okay eating sugar cereal for breakfast everyday, but I've learned what processed sugars can do to your body.

Anyway, I may look good right now, but I want to look better.  I want to feel better!  And I don't want to be in as much pain with my next pregnancy like I was with my first.  My body just can't take it unless I build some serious strength.

I'm coming up with a plan and I should post it here to hold myself accountable.  I know that I can do this!  I can do hard things...I have in the past.  This losing weight stuff is a whole different hard though, so it's a challenge for me.

I want to look like this (minus Ken), and fit into medium shirts and size 8 or 6 jeans.  I want to wear some of my old skirts and maybe I'll be able to talk Shem into letting me buy a few new pieces of clothing, but mostly I want to wear what is currently in my closet  without the bulge around my waist.


Now.

I know that I can do this!  I just have to be committed and determined and stick to a plan.  I'm not fat and I am considered perfectly healthy, but I know that I can be better and I wan to be so that I can live healthy for a long time with my family.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

ken would probably say that he would like to look like that picture of him again too lol