Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So, how was your Valentine's Day?

I must say that Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays despite the fact that I really have no need to make a big deal out of it.  My students, as predicted, on a Monday were "totally off their rockers", so we wrote cheesy Valentine's with pick-up lines in Spanish.  Some examples are:  Me haces sudar = you make me sweat, De todos los peces en el mar, eres mi favorito = of all the fish in the sea, you are my favorite, and Eres mi mundo = you are my world.

Yeah, we had fun.  One of my classes decided to pay for not one, but two Sing-a-grams for me.  It was pretty much the most embarrassing moment of my teaching career, but I honestly loved it!  I was in tears...literally from laughing so much.

Later in the day Shem and I ate left-over fish tacos from Sunday...Yum.  And then he took me out to get some ice cream.  He's so sweet to me.  Today he emailed me to tell me that his favorite time of day is when he gets to eat his celery with peanut butter and then he said he loved me. :)  He NEVER emails me during work!  In fact he doesn't check his email that often and if you know him you know that he doesn't.  So, it means a lot to me when he takes a second to email me.

I feel like I still owe Shem a good Valentine, so one is in the works.  It should be pretty cool...I hope.

Here is a little video of me in my class.
Enjoy!

Here is a link to the second video.  I can't seem to upload it the way I want to.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaznd1sdRcI&feature=email

Take note of the look of horror on my face in the second one.  One of my student's asked me how I felt afterward and I said something like: "Completely violated."  They loved  the fact that I felt that way. :)

No comments: