Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Lover's Day.

I'm excited for Valentine's Day.  Seeing a bunch of hormonal high school kids running around and planning what they are going to do for their boyfriends and girlfriends is always a lot of fun.  I make my kids write Valentine's cards in Spanish and sometimes I even get one from them.  Shem and I will probably just stay home and cook some dinner.  I really have no need to go all out for a seemingly national romantic holiday...my Mr. Thompson knows that I love him everyday. :) 

Shem already bought me some beautiful Gerber Daisies and I think they are just perfect.  I took some pictures of them today while the sun was shinning, so I'll post one.  I don't know what it is about getting flowers, but it always makes me feel feminine and loved.  To have my man go out and pick out something pretty for me is always a lot of fun for me.  Maybe my kids will pick out flowers for me someday when they are older?  That would be awesome!  I'm sure if Shem is training our boys to be kind and sweet like him they will think all sorts of crazy thoughtful things to do for me...or not if they are ADD and just plain forget. :)

Back to reality.  My weight gaining drama.  I have gained a lot of weight these past two months and I've been instructed to slow it down or it could cause some problems for baby and I.  It's hard to imagine how I've gained 17 lbs in just 2 months, but I have.  I eat a lot of salad and fruits and hardly any junk, but whatever.  Friday night I gained a pound in my sleep...that was depressing.  Last night I lost 6/10 of a pound, so that made me feel better.

Running was good last Wednesday except for the cramps in my calves.  I bought a new kind of Magnesium and some Emergen-C to help with the leg cramps, so hopefully that will help.  Tomorrow I plan to tackle Mr. Tready if it's raining with some weights and we'll see how I feel.  If things so bad I'll just do some yoga. :)

No comments: