Sunday, July 4, 2010

Pinewood derby car

Shem and I were invited to a friend's 30th birthday party.  Well, instead of just having a party they decided that it would be fun if there was a pinewood derby race also, so we built a pod racer!  It was, in fact, a replica of Anikin Skywalker's pod racer from Episode 1 and if you don't believe me, check out my pics below. :)

Once Shem cut the block of wood in 1/2 all we were really hoping for is that it would roll.  Normally when people make pinewood derby cars they make it look sleek and fast.  We went for unique and just plain cool!  Vader even has some pretty Lego flowers on his dash!

I'd also like to note that we made this the weekend of my 1/2 marathon in about 5 hours total!  I can just imagine what we would have been able to do with more time.

1 comment: